Saturday 28 April 2012

Blue Bloods: Danny Regan rocks Birmingham!

Hangin Tough! Hangin Tough!

Last Night Danny Regan came to Boredville, well his alter-ego Donnie Wahlberg did.  Yes my favourite boy band is New Kids on the Block (Take That a close second) and last night they played the Birmingham LG Arena along with the Backstreet Boys.  Changing the words a little to ‘You Got It (The Right Stuff) – ‘First time I couldn’t go*.  Second time was a blast **. Third time I fell in love…with Donnie again’. 

*My Mom wouldn’t let me go.
** 17 January 2009 – Birmingham NIA, all good things come to those who wait…20 years.



With the UK being back in recession this concert was very considerate about my lack of cash and pending unemployment – 2 boy bands for the price of 1! Plus an added bonus of no costume changes breaks.  It was NKOTBSB, then NKOTB, then BSB, NKOTB, BSB, you get the idea and then at the end NKOTBSB performed a cool mash up of ‘Backstreet’s Back’ and ‘Hangin Tough’.  Obviously the DailyMail.co.uk journalist and I must have watched totally different shows as they were excellent and definitely not slow. I would like to see Justin Bieber and One Direction performing as well as NKOTBSB in 20 years’ time. My favourite bits were 'You Got It (The Right Stuff)', 'Cover Girl', 'Hangin Tough', 'I Want It That Way' and 'All I Have To Give'. Just one negative and improvement for their next tour – Joey New Kid should perform his beautiful song ‘Stay the Same’.

Before last night’s concert I did wonder if it would be weird watching a tough guy, NYPD Detective singing and dancing about his ‘Cover Girl’ (as I try not to live in the real world).  But the baggy trousers, Run DMC T-shirt, baseball cap and bling made sure Detective Regan staying in New York and Pop Star Wahlberg was entertaining the Birmingham crowd especially me. 

Donnie, the rest of NKOTB, Backstreet Boys and the rest of the Regan Family are all my favour of the month.

Now what shall I to do now?  Switch on my iPod or watch this week’s Blue Bloods?







No comments:

Post a Comment