Sunday 1 July 2012

Euro 2012 Dream Team...in my option


Congratulations Spain!
What am I going to do now? Well there is Wimbledon for another week and only 26 days until the Olympics starts and after that it’s the start of the new football season (Note to Aston Villa must do better).
Yes I love football. Yes I am a Tomboy. Oui Monsieur X, I do look like a boy and No I’m not gay, however I know the offsite rule, can’t explain it but I know when to shout ‘OFFSIDE!’ when I see it. As much as I love the beautiful game, watching 22 men running around in shorts it’s hard not to notice the gorgeous ones.

FYI – I think Italy is the most consistent team since World Cup in 1990– a gorgeous team every tournament, but I think France was just as hot this tournament.
So here is my Dream Team – ‘Not as hot as Cantona but…United’.

Goalkeeper



Iker Casillas


Defenders


 
Olof Mellberg                                             Gerard Piqué

Mathieu Debuchy                                      Leonardo Bonucci


Midfielders





Cesc Fàbregas                                               Migual Veloso


Federico Balzaretti                                      Yohan Cabaye                            



Strikers


 
Karim Benzema                                                 Olivier Giroud

Ah oui another French theme with a touch of the Mediterranean. I struggled to put any English players in my team, no one easy on the eye since Jamie Redknapp and yes I am the only woman in the world who doesn’t find David Beckham attractive.








No comments:

Post a Comment