Sunday 18 March 2012

Hawaii - TV/Travel Bucket List

'Savour the experience' is what the Hilton Hotels advert says before every Hawaii 5 – 0 episode on Sky 1 HD and Hawaii is an experience that I would love to savour, as the islands are TV heaven with Hawaii 5- 0 and Lost and movie heaven with The Descendants,Just go with it, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and 50 1st dates. OK I will rephrase that to a little bit of film heaven with the Descendants. Maybe the movie making formula is if the script is average, let’s make in a beautiful country so people forget about the story and admire the backdrop instead.

Lost was like a relationship, you have high hopes for it and then after seven years of sticking with it, it lets you down. Seven years of watching, then re watching, analysing, then re analysing – an amazing TV show but tres disappointing ending. Were they all dead all along? Who was Jacob? How the hell did Ben move the island? What was the black smoke? Just a few unanswered questions still going around in my head. I suggest Lost – The Movie or a Ben and Hurley spin off show to answer everyone’s’ questions. I know I’m going to repeat myself thought-out this blog but seven years of my life was wasted.

I’m too young to watch the original 5-0 back in 70s but I did remember the theme tune and ‘Book em Dano’ so maybe I watched a few re-runs back in the 80s. The Hawaii 5 – 0 21st century version is brilliant and the beautiful backdrop is an added bonus. The double act of Alex O’Loughlin and Scott Caan as Steve McGarrett and Danny ‘Dano’ Williams can be very funny with their ‘put-downs’ to each other and of course kicking ass and looking hot always helps me make the decision to watch a TV show. It’s a little bit of blue skies, sunshine and escapism before a grey and cold week when I watch 5-0 on a Sunday night.



So Hilton, the Seychelles Labriz looks amazing, I would prefer to stay at London Paddington for the Olympics and I could do with a few weeks at Los Cabos, Mexico after a stressful week at work. But regarding my TV Travel Bucket List, I want to savour the experience at the Hilton Waikiki Beach Hawaii, revisit a classic at the Hilton Arc de Triomphe Paris (any excuse to go back to France) and as for escaping the ordinary, The Beverly Hilton, La La Land Los Angeles sounds interesting.. Now that’s four plugs Hilton (now 5), please take the hint.















No comments:

Post a Comment