Monday 26 March 2012

Walking Dead: Au Revoir Walkers

This programme contains scenes of horror….that’s what I like to hear.
Series 2 finally finished last week, only 13 shows but lasted months because of those super long and unnecessary American season breaks! Gutted I miss episode 8 because of my Sky box turned into a zombie that particular week and wouldn’t record any FX shows. I couldn’t even download it (legally) or buy it on iTunes, but I couldn’t have missed much as I didn’t notice any of the characters missing, so if any of the main characters became ‘walker meat’ I didn’t miss them.

I think the special effects in WD are brilliant but I do find the killing of walkers comical, probably because no matter how good the make-up and special effects are its obvious they aren’t real…or are they?  Every Monday to Friday on my walk to work in Boredville City Centre, I too become a walker heading to the office in a zombie state.  I pass fellow ‘rush hour’ walkers staring down at the pavement or looking blankly though each other being controlled by the noise coming out of our white ear phones – no smiles no eye contact. Now and again I see a smiling human in between the zombies, so not everyone hates their job, but I think there is a bit of zombie in us all especially before 9am.

Just an average view on my way to work

Back to the show (spoiler alert if you haven’t watched series 2) firstly RIP old man Dale, I don’t know how the group will get along without killing each other as you was the conscience of the group. Oh that’s right they couldn’t and they started the fighting and killing each other with Rick killing Shane in the next show.  Of course Rick is my favourite W.D. character. I think he is a lot like Jack from Lost, the leader and the hero with his ‘die alone or live together’ type of speeches.  Never watched Teachers but I liked Andrew Lincoln small part in l’Arnacoeur' (Heartbreaker). My second is Daryl the cool kick ass dude who doesn’t say much but he sorts the shit out. I’m happy Shane kicked the bucket he was beginning to do my head in with his psycho behaviour and as for Carl the little brat should be walker dinner, but unlikely that will ever happen as the show already bumped off the only other child Sophia at the end of the first half of the series.

As for my travel bucket list, a few weeks isolated in the Georgia countryside does look and sounds quietly good…Walker free of course.



I want one!

No comments:

Post a Comment